Friday, November 7, 2008

Sharks Outshoot the Blues


At least one Bay Area team is doing well this year. Went to an exciting game at the HP Arena last night and cheered the Sharks to a 4-5 victory. Ryane Clowe had a lot to do with the win, scoring 2 goals to get the Sharks even and getting a shot past the St Louis Blues' goalie, Ben Bishop, in the game-ending shootout. Hockey is such a quick, dazzling sport with so much action - players jumping on & off the ice, puck flying, fists flying, sticks clacking and excited fans jumping up and down. I was cheering my favorite player, Jonathan Cheechoo, whose rough & tumble play earned him 2 sit-outs in the penalty box. I was also pleased to see such a diversity of players on the ice: along with the traditional Canadian and American players, African American, Japanese American, Inuit Canadian, Russian, German, Kazakhstan and Czech. I can easily become a rabid fan of this sport.